The Shared Diary of a Novice Paranormal Investigator, aged 52 and Three Quar

When you believe in things you don’t understand, then you suffer.

(Stevie Wonder)

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,

Than are dreamed of in your philosophy.

(Shakespeare)

Ri fol ri fol tol de riddle dee.
(Traditional)

Wednesday

Two

Today is the day, then.  With no idea what to expect, or who I will encounter, I am going to a meeting of what seems to be the nearest local group.  The most altruistic friend in the world has agreed to come along for moral support.  It all starts here: the big adventure which might zoom off in any direction.  It is the first day of a new life.  I do not feel any different.  Still, I am hardly likely to give up the day job.  Or the family.  Or the domestic drudgery.  Or flopping around on the sofa with a fleecy throw and an Aero.  I wonder what paranormal investigators wear?  Eye liner seems important.  I think I will settle for sensible footwear.  Convinced I will get lost, I put a road map, an apple and a water bottle in the car.  It is a wicked world out there, and I am only familiar with the bits of it which have kept me busy for the last quarter of a century.  The rest of it is the abode of dragons.  Oh well, here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment