The Shared Diary of a Novice Paranormal Investigator, aged 52 and Three Quar

When you believe in things you don’t understand, then you suffer.

(Stevie Wonder)

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,

Than are dreamed of in your philosophy.

(Shakespeare)

Ri fol ri fol tol de riddle dee.
(Traditional)

Wednesday

After the Long Weekend

And I did feel different.  Empowered, if that does not sound too dramatic.  We stayed there for a couple of days, sleeping in my old bedroom and being busy with the family.  We had a very good take-away, a pretty walk and a ride on a waltzer. 

We are none of us completely objective.  We have to see the world through our own eyes.  When we gain new information, it can change how we interpret the world, but it also can change our attitude.  How much does attitude affect experience?  If I had gone in feeling craven, might the Nasty Thing have been lurking in that old room this weekend?  Was it absent this time just because I had changed?  Maybe it was, in fact, there all the time, but I had insulated myself against it?  Maybe there was no infrasound happening on those days.

 I am aware that I have not proved or disproved anything at all.  I have learned a new word, though, and I have found out that a quick visit to Physics land can make a person feel better and bolder.  It is something else to think about as I consider how our perceptions can affect our experiences.  This must have been my first case!  I do not suppose anyone could call it officially rubber-stamp solved, but perhaps it could be described as folded up and put neatly away.

Rifol is taking a little trip and will be back on 28th August with more diary pages in which there are Good Bits.  It seems a shame to wander off so early in our relationship.  I hope you have enjoyed it so far, and if you have, please come back when I do.  I have loads more to share; if you like it, spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment